Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Time for a little color...

Copied over from artismysuperpower.blogspot.com of 07/22/2012

Ahhh, it's been a long HOT summer.  Temps continue in the 104-106 degree range this week and I'm simply tired of it.  The landscaping is all dried and brown, the ground is cracking, and then the air went out in my office building last Friday.  The good part about that was an early release!  And with the hectic schedule I've had since the first of July, I was anxious to have an entire weekend to ART!  Saturday was a trip for art supplies, and the rest of the weekend I painted.

My goal for my painting is to stop being afraid of bright color.  I love artwork with big, bold color and I'm drawn to pieces that have everything but earth tones in them.  But when I pick up a brush, those colors scare me.  Even today, I would pull out a bright tube of paint and thought, "Oh, no...that is gaudy!, I can't."  But I did, and it's not gaudy, and I think I love it.  I have one finished and one nearly there.  It's nice to look at something bright and cheery instead of cracked, brown, and dead.  Check this one out and tell me what you think!

 And if anyone knows a rain dance, get shakin!

No comments:

Post a Comment